Do I have a deal for you. . . Just like on Craigslist or Eugene FreeCycle.
I have one free, determined, portable incubator to offer. All natural. Requires no electricity. Only needs food, water, and a quiet place. My place.
You just supply the fertilized eggs and in exactly 21 days you will have free baby chicks. Anyone interested?
7 comments:
I take it she's broody. I would love to have you hatch me some eggs. I am however not sure that my rooster is getting to all the girls. I don't get many fertilized eggs.
How do I tell if they are fertilized?
Ok other than cracking them open and checking....
You have to crack them open and check for fertility.
I'd take you up on it (and it's exactly 21 days, not 31, hehe!) but what are your plans for after the babies are hatched? Will they have ANY momma time, or is it a hatch & go kind of thing?
Either way, we'd have to wait a week, because otherwise they'd hatch right in time for Family Camp.
Share the fine print and we'll talk :)
Oops. Did I have a "bunny moment"? I meant 21 days. :)
Yes, the offer includes "Mommy Time". But I know your children want to have them around as new chicks, too. Maybe you could take both the incubator and the chicks sometime after they are hatched.
All I want out of the deal is 2 or 3 large bird type pullets. A large Auracauna (sp) type would be cool. I haven't had those for ages. If my pullets turn out to be roosters, you can trade me for your pullets. :)
Ditto, I don't want them to hatch just as we leave for California Chapter Two.
I held on to my EE eggs today - just in case.
The incubator was successful! Thanks for sharing - and come see the pictures on my blog!
I just followed Chicken Momma to your blog...she's a lovely girl. I'm enjoying checking out your exploring blog...Dora.
Judy...another 50 something Christian grandmother
Post a Comment